Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Say No To VC News



There was a protest new my work today. The protesters were protesting that SBS (The Australian Multi-Cultural Channel) is allowing direct broadcasting of news programs from Vietnam TV. They believe that this news program only produces biased news from governing Communist Party.



I was told that there was approximately 3000 people involve in the protest, and since this was my first involvement in any kind of protest, I was eager to take some happy shots =P



As you can see although there were a large contigent of police, it was not necessary as this was a peaceful crowd. Unfortunately the speakers were all speaking in vietnamese so I had no idea what they were talking about.



I was only there for a few minutes during my lunch break, so I had to quickly take my shots and leave. Anyway atleast it was an interesting tuesday afternoon.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]