Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Running

All day in the office I would think about my training and my running. I am eager to run and try to push myself and improve my time, make myself stronger. I go home and change into my running cloths and run towards my local park.

I do some standard stretches and I can feel my tensions on my legs and my backs. I body feels ready for the run. My mind is eager to start. I am thinking I’ll be faster today, I will run further today.

Round 1
By now I am confident that I can do this with my eyes close. This is easy. My legs is still strong.

Round 3
Lactic acid is building up in my muscle systems. Pain.
My mind is now creating doubts in my mind.
My Mind is creating excuse for me to stop.

Round 5
I am close to halfway, I have not cross the pain barrier. I am sweating.
I am breathing hard. I need a drink. I need a rest.
Can I stop just for a minute for a drink…
NO!

Round 7
I can feel my muscle on fire.
My throat is dry.
My mind tells me that this is enough, I can stop now.
My mind tells me that can I do better tomorrow.
My mind tells me that You have to push yourself!!
You have to prove to them all, that you are not a weakling
Use your anger to feed your need

Round 10
I have lost count how many rounds I have run.
The ground looks so inviting.
I want to stop!
I want to rest!
NO!!
2 more rounds!

Round 12
Yes! This is the final round!
Do it. Push it!
Stop complaining and just do it!
After this you can stop and rest, but not before.
Arggghhhh!!!
FINISH!!
YES!

Lets do it again......tomorrow

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]