Thursday, October 09, 2003

My 2 cents ...

I find myself disturbed by the statement she said, "People are sadistic fools, hungry for sad stories". I don't believe that, I can't believe that everyone is a bad as she thinks. I agree that we are all kehpoh, it is in our nature to stop and look if there is an accident, it is our nature to stop and listen when there is a loud argument occurring, but it is also our nature to celebrate when there is something to celebrate.

How many times have you been a restaurant where a birthday party is on and when they sing "Happy Birthday ..." and clap, you would clap too?

We are just a curious species of animal. Let’s say you walk pass your neighbour’s house everyday and you see their child playing on the driveway. You see her playing literally everyday. As time goes by you see her learn how to walk and learn how to cycle and you think wow she is pretty good. Then imagine if one day you saw her on the ground crying...what do you do?

I would stop and ask her if she was alright... I would stop and see if I could do anything to help her.
I am not stopping because I was SADISTIC.
I am not stopping because I am a FOOL
I am not stopping because I am hungry for a sad story.

I stop because I care enough for this little girl to find out if I could help her in her hour of need. Nothing more, Nothing less.

And If she thinks that makes me a FOOL, then I am happy to be a FOOL.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]