Sunday, October 12, 2003

Lion King The Musical

Lion_head.gif


This is the most amazing and colourful musical I have ever seen! The singing was soul wrenching and the costume and the set was breathtaking!
The theatre was pack with eager fans and I was lucky enough to get some tickets for the dress rehersals. It cost a bomb but I think it was well worth it.


Capitol Theatre
We sat on the top left hand section.
It was not the best view in the world but it was close enough to the action. There were tribal dancing, singing, action, romance and comedy. I think that it might be a bit scary in some sections for the kiddies. The lady who played Rafiki was amazing. Her voice was haunting!


I tried to see it when I was in London a couple of years ago and it was sold out, so when it was out in Sydney, I had to check it out. I can't believe that it could beat the movie but after I saw the musical, I have to say that it rules.
They did change some of the songs and scenes from the movie, but it generally follow the same story.


If you ever have an opportunity to check this musical out, do yourself a favour and go!







Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]