Friday, October 03, 2003

Late night shopping.

There is one thing I hate about Australia is the ridiculous time the retail shops are open. Most of the retail shops closes at 5.30 pm and the only time the it is extended is on Thursday (till 9.00pm - That is why we call Thursday Night shopping)

What this means is that every joe who is working on normal hours (9 to 5) has one day to shop. This means everything shopping centre is packed with people, the pay counter is 20 man deep and car parking is hell. It is time like this I wish I was back in malaysia where all the shops are open till late.. and normal people can shop after work.

I really don't know how retail shops here justify their opening times. They must see that most sales occurs after office hours, and yet they only open during office hours! Don't they want to make more money?? Where is the logic?

Thats my rant for the day... I am now off to play friday afternoon soccer =) I let you know how we go....



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]