Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Dodgey modems

I can't believe some of the hw coming out in the market nowadays. I was given a box full of dsl/router modems today to test and it amazes me how bad it is. Don't this company have a QA to test this crap before they send it out to the public.

They want to bundle a DSL modem and a router together, cool that is great. Like most router and modem they all have a default IP address which you need to connect to the hw and configure it. So what does the manufacture do? They setup so that both the router and modem has the same IP! This means that if they are both connected together, you would not be able to talk to one of the hw!!
I would understand if the hw are from different manufacturer.....but they are not! Both the modem and the router are made by the same people!

So I spend most of my time today detailling what is the issue with the hw rather than testing it with our network. Bloody hell!! The manufacturer should pay me to troubleshoot their problems.

Thank you Net###m for wasting my time.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]