Monday, October 20, 2003

Departures and Arrivals

This is my First ArtHouse Play "Departures and Arrivals".



We were invited by a friend who was in the play. The play was created by the Actors factory, where our friend was studying. I must confess that I had no real expectations of the play.


Atleast they have a booklet, so atleast now I know what the play was about.
The plot sounded good.


The Warehouse
This is the warehouse where the play will be staged. It was a bit freaky since the only noise I could here was the nearby dogs barking. It was dark and cold and the only light we had was the moonlight...
(Slasher movie in the making...yikes!)


The Entrance.
What can I say, my expectation of the play was getting less and less.
We had to climb up a flight of creaky old stairs and search of the stage. The place smells like a run down building too!


The Stage.
Impressive isn't it?
What you see is basically all the props that was used in the play. Improvisation was the key I guess.


The Seatings.
7 seats per row and there was 3 rows on each side of the aisle. We were late so we were seated on the front row! Great seating eh?! All I have to say is that the seats were not made for big people, it reminded me of the tiny seat in primary school.

The Actors
Pic of our Actor friend. I was was too close to the stage to take any more pics during the play. I thought the flash might be too distracting the the actors. Each actors played multiple roles, so you can really see the range of each actors talent.

All in all I must say that I was surprise that I actually enjoyed the play. It was funny and the characters were actually believable.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]