Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Ahh finally I have answered all the questions, graciously provided by the immaculate minishorts. It took me half a day just to write down the answer. I know some of the answers is not complete, but I hope this is a start. So without futher ado, lets bring it on:


  1. A bit about yourself please.


  2. I am Chinese/Malaysian/Australian. Born in KL and lived in Taman Tun Dr Ismail for over 12 years. Family migrated to Sydney, Australia in ’88. Survived an all boys High School and Uni. I have been a pool boy, warehouse boy, chemist, and now a computer nerd and I just pass a quarter of a century. I have been to a few places in my life and I can say without a doubt Malaysian food is still the best! I miss the food, I miss the language and I miss the people. It is weird but only now was I able to appreciate the beauty that is Malaysia. Oh don’t get me wrong, I love Sydney too. It is my second home, but I guess some part of my heart is still bound with KL. I haven’t been to KL for a few years so I don’t know it I can survive the hustle and bustle anymore but I sure want to try it one day.

    When I was young I was bullied for my Asian looks and my Malaysian slang. For years I had to learn to hide it, to assimilate. Now the tolerance is better and I find people are more open to changes and differences. After so many years of assimilating… it is hard to be an “Asian” again. To an Aussie, you are not an aussie, and to an Asian, you are not one either.

    I still speaks Cantonese with my Grandma, but I can’t say I am fluent anymore =(
    My Bahasa Malaysia has been returned to my teachers, so I guess all I have is English.

    So what else can I say about myself, currently my life consists of work and more work. I want to travel, I want to study again.


  3. How did you first encounter the blog kind? (And btw, from a linguistics PoV, its very interesting that you labelled blogs as ' the blog-kind')


  4. This is what happens when you have access to fast internet connection all day long. I normally download rip movies or s/w (of course piracy is wrong…not). But recently I felt a longing for Malaysia. The people, the food and my old home!
    So I started googling. My first blog stop was SixthSeal. His blog what can I say, it was an eye opener, especially veritas’s log. His adventure returning home and going around KL made me really home sick. It was like being there myself, on a private tour of KL which I have not seen for a long long time.

    The next I found the minishorts (I’ll talk about her in Q5) and then another favourite blog is from wena. Oh the food!! Man I salivate everytime I read her blog.



  5. So what cyber-type plans do you have now that you've joined the big happy family of mad-cap bloggers?


  6. I really have no plans in the near distant future, I feel like I am a newborn taking my first few steps. I am still learning the etiquette of blogging(so be patient with me). Hopefully I will be welcomed into this family of bloggers and boldly go where no one has gone before… (Number One Engage!....) One thing I do know is, this new journey will definitely help me find who I am.

  7. If minishorts were a fairy and could grant you three wishes, what would they be? (Don't go say things like 'I wish for another three wishes' and so on, ya?)



    1. I wish I could have the knowledge and experience I have now and go back in time (10 years only) and relive my past. To mend my many mistakes and to take the road less traveled. I know it is an impossible wish, but what a wish it would be if you could. As most people would attest we all have regrets and past we can’t let go, so I am sure you know what I mean.


    2. I wish I have the strength and patience to overcome all obstacles I have and going to have in my life To live a life which may not be easy but atleast it is right by my own ideals.


    3. To meet and study with Bruce Lee (Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing.)


    4. of course if I can’t have any of that, then give me the wealth of Bill Gates, body of (younger) Jet Li and the amazing wit of Homer J Simpson =P



  8. So what keeps you coming back to minishorts? (I'm intrigued mah, why he leaves that kind of funny messages on my blog.)


  9. Ahh minishorts you are an interesting creature. I am intrigue with your blog. I am fascinated with your honesty. I am drawn by your sadness and your loneliness. Like a moth drawn to a candle of a flame, you are captivating. I haven’t yet unravel why I come back everyday to check out how you are, but yet I feel I have to.


Again I want to pass my thanks to minishorts for letting me be involve with her Q&A.
Oh and here are some of the rules for the Q&A:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]